It’s summer, and what is summer without ice-creams, flushes, chilled juices? But you might have read this quote, “To eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art”-La Rochefoucauld. Over the years we have almost forgotten that even without adding sugars, honey, maple syrups, we can prepare desserts. Yes, if you are intended in adding fruits to your desserts you surely don’t require sugars. Fruits are the best natural sweeteners, it not only gives you a sweet flavor but also connects your taste buds to their natural flavors. Believe me, you don’t even have to add artificial sweeteners to your desserts if you are adding fruits to it. In this weight-loss period, where we all are looking for something pleasurable to our sweet tooth and yet healthy! We want to satisfy our sweet tooth but also don’t want to put all our “losing weight” efforts in the drain. Don’t worry fruits are always here to rescue us! Fruits not only save our efforts from going in the drains but also give us additional benefits that like our taste buds satisfies the nourishment requirements of our other essential body elements like our blood sugar levels, heart, and so on. So it’s like the best super combo pack! So find some recipes in which you can replace sugars with fruits. Well then here is a sweet cheat trail of recipes for you. In each sweet cheat article, you will get to know 1 recipe which you can have as a dessert without worrying about your weight. So here are some easy to make frozen yogurt bites for starters.
Frozen yogurt bites
- 1 (50 g) Greek plain yogurt low-fat container
- 45g(3Tbsp) Skim Milk
- 50g Strawberry
- 20g Raspberry
- 20g Blueberry
- 20g Blackberry
- Line a mini-muffin tin with paper liners.
- Puree the strawberries. In a bowl, whisk the yogurt and milk, strawberry puree.
- Pour a small amount of strawberry yogurt into each liner.
- Top it with pieces of raspberry, alternate the berry toppings every time.
- Fill yogurt cups with remaining yogurt mixture and top with another piece of berry.
- Freeze until solid, at least up to 2hours, or even up to a week covered.
- Remove the frozen yogurt bites from the freezer, remove the liner, and serve frozen.
- Can add more strawberry puree to add strawberry flavor to the yogurt.
- You can even add pieces of a single type of berry each liner in the yogurt mixture rather than topping it up.
- Can use milk in place of skim milk.