The uterus is a vital organ in a woman’s body WHICH is an integral part of the female reproductive system.
- It plays an important role in the foundation of life. It is EXTREMELY crucial to keep your uterus healthy.
Do you wonder about how YOUR uterus looks like?
- The uterus is one of the most amazing organs in the female body.
- The uterus is made up of 3 layers.
- The outermost layer of the uterus is the Perimetrium.
- The myometrium is the middle layer
- The endometrium is the inner mucosal lining.
Factors that are responsible for the Uterus to Function Improperly:
The uterus is constantly working to provide us with the best first home for our developing baby.
The menstrual cycle is a complex symphony of communication and actions.
Anything that disrupts the function of the communication of our reproductive system might cause the uterus to not function properly.
Have you wondered about the Lifestyle factors responsible for the uterus to function improperly:
Let’s Look into it –
- The age at which to start a family
- Sedentary Lifestyle is one of the most important causes which can’t be ignored.
- Nutrition plays an important too.
- Weight of the person
- Psychological stress
- Environmental and occupational exposures
- Other lifestyle factors such as cigarette smoking, illicit drug use, and alcohol and excess caffeine consumption can negatively affect fertility.
You must be worrying about how you can have a healthy uterus? Don’t worry its not rocket science. The answer is –
You can easily take care of your uterine health!
Let’s Consider the Natural Ways and Superfoods to Keep Your Uterus Healthy:
- It is super rich in antioxidants.
- It helps maintain a healthy uterus and also treat fibroids in the uterus.
- Women with uterine fibroids should drink green tea regularly for around 8 weeks according to herbal specialists which will help in the reduction of the number of fibroids.
- A glass of lemon juice in lukewarm water is very essential for uterine health.
- Being rich in Vitamin C, lemons help to fight against the bacteria.
- Fishes such as mackerel and salmon are rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- They help to reduce the production of prostaglandin in the female body
- Prostaglandins can cause severe contraction of the uterus. Due to the severity of the contraction, it can sometimes cause the uterus to get mal-positioned
- Collard greens, kale, spinach, and stinging nettles, help to maintain the alkaline balance of your uterus.
- You can even make a tea from stinging nettle and consume 2 cups/day.
- The Folic acid is essential for the healthy functioning of the uterus hence, the same can be found excessively in green leafy vegetables.
- Castor oil makes the uterus strong and helps it fight against infections.
- It also prevents the uterus from cysts and fibroids. Ricinoleic in this oil boosts the uterus health.
- The intake of nuts helps in the production of hormones as the nuts are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and have good cholesterol.
- The eating of nuts prevents the woman from cancer in the uterus and also it eliminates fibroids as well as prevents the birth of a premature baby or a low weight full-term baby.
- Consuming seeds and nuts, such as almonds, flaxseeds, and cashew nuts are found to be beneficial.
- It should be one of the first steps in improving any type of health issue, including improving uterine health.
- Walking and Yoga are two of the best ways to promote circulation
- It also improves the strength and flexibility of the muscles surrounding the uterus.
Yoga is also known to restore the fertility .
- A herb named Dong Quai strengthens the uterus by regulating hormonal control
- It also helps in improving uterine tone.
- Dong Quai is referred to as a blood tonic in traditional Chinese medicine as it has a general effect on circulation.
- This herb is used by women with pale to absent menstrual flow.
- As it has a slight blood-thinning effect and may not be a good choice for women with heavy menstrual cycles.
But we should always consider herbs or medicines under physician’s supervision
Red Raspberry Leaf
- Even it is said that red raspberry leaf is a great nutritive herb often high in vitamins and minerals as well as an easily-absorbed form of calcium.
- It is also a wonderful uterine tonic as it helps to reduce excessive bleeding after childbirth.
- This herb is considered to be one of the safest for pregnancy.
But it should not be used in the 1st trimester if there is a history of uterine or implantation weakness that is contributing to recurrent miscarriage.
General suggested dosage: as per physicians advice.
SOME other natural ways to keep your uterus healthy:
- Fibre-rich diet can help eliminate the wastes and toxins from your body.
- High fibre diet can help remove excess estrogen that may be stored in your body which prevents the formation of uterine fibroids.
- Examples beans, legumes, vegetables, fruits and whole grains
It is always better to look for organic food if possible as it will be free from chemicals and pesticides
When eating a high fiber diet, it is important to drink around 10 glasses of water every day as it will ease the movement of fiber through your digestive tract.
- Fruits, rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids can help in preventing the growth of fibroids in your uterus.
- They can also normalize your estrogen levels.
- Examples Guava, oranges, apple etc
- Bioflavonoids are compounds that prevent ovarian cancer
- It also help in keeping your reproductive system smooth and healthy.
- It is better if you try to eat fruits in between the meals when you feel hungry as this will stop you from eating junk foods.
- Even Daily consumption of milk products like low-fat yoghurt, cheese, low-fat milk and butter is essential for uterine health.
- As these are rich in calcium and vitamin D.
- The calcium helps to keep your bones healthy, and vitamin D plays a vital role in keeping the uterine fibroids away.
- The uterus is the major female hormone-responsive reproductive sex organ.
- To conclude, the uterus is an organ which performs all the reproductive functions in females and is also known as the womb.
- Any disturbances in the uterus can disturb the female health and overall cycle.