Recipes like omelette, scrambled eggs, half fried eggs, end up too frequently on our breakfast tables. Well, to break the monotony we can experiment with some more interesting breakfast recipes.
Egg Mayo Sandwich is a fairly easy to make, that does not require any elaborate preparations. If you have some fresh mayonnaise lying in your refrigerator, then this preparation can be turned up in no time and gives a healthy kick start for your day.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 brown bread slices
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 finely chopped green capsicum
- ½ finely chopped yellow capsicum
- ½ finely chopped red capsicum
- 1 medium finely chopped sized onion.
- ½ tsp tomato ketchup or sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Hard boil the eggs.Chop them in cubed shape.
- Finely chop the vegetables and keep them aside.
SANDWICH FILLING :
- Take a bowl and add chopped vegetables and cubed eggs. Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp of mayonnaise to the bowl, ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and a pinch of salt (if required). Mix well.
While assembling the sandwich, heat a grill pan.
- Apply butter generously on one of the bread slices. Now put some filling on the buttered slice.
- Apply tomato ketchup/ sauce on the other slice.
- Do the same for remaining bread slices.
- Grease the pan with some oil. Add 1 tsp butter to the pan. Allow it to melt.
- Smear the grill pan with some butter. Place sandwich on the pan. Apply some butter on the top slice. Flip over the sandwich to grill the other side. Grill the underside for a couple of minutes.
- You can apply some more butter.
- Similarly, make the other sandwiches.
Rich source of Proteins.
A right balance of Carbohydrate, Proteins, and fats.
Can be eaten as a post-workout meal. Also for the people Going for weight gain.
For Vegetarians: Instead of eggs, vegetables/corn/ mushrooms can be added for the same mayonnaise dressing or, Instead of mayonnaise dressing, thick flavored yogurt dressing can be used.
NUTRIENT CONTENT OF SERVING [per 1 serve] :
- Calories: 350kcal
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 30.g
- Carbohydrates: 50.9g
- Fiber: 3.2g
Note: 1 serving of Sandwich fulfill the need of one meal.
‘EAT HEALTHY, BE NUTRITION WEALTHY’.
Read Also – Let’s Have Some Fun with Salads