“Smile is the best makeup one can wear”. It is a symbol of strength and peace. But sometimes your smile can let you down if your teeth’s aren’t healthy and if it looks filthy. Here are a few Dental Hygiene tips to maintain proper dental hygiene so that you can smile and laugh all day without hesitation.
Below are the best 5 dental hygiene tips.
1. Proper Brushing
Brushing your teeth is a part of your daily routine but do you brush properly? that’s the major question, well proper brushing doesn’t mean it has to be done for hours and hours. It just has to be done with a proper technique in order to avoid various teeth related problems.
- According to experts, you should brush in a circular method and slowly.
- Maintain a 45degree angle for your molars and premolar teeth.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to avoid bleeding gums.
- Brush at least twice a day.
2. Avoid Tobacco
Tobacco chewing is injurious to health and even banned in some states. It causes various types of cancer which is fatal! Oral cancer is the major type of cancer which is frequently observed because of tobacco. Also, it affects the teeth of a person so badly that :
- Your teeth will get stained yellow.
- It makes your root canal and gums weak.
- You will get more plaque and tartar from reduced saliva flow.
- Your enamel will get worn down and sand inside.
3. Limit Alcohol, coffee, soda and consume more calcium.
Alcohol, coffee, soda all these causes harm to your teeth and increase the rate of cavities.
Whereas milk which is a natural supplier for Vitamin B and richest source for calcium is a good intake product,
- Builds your teeth’s immunity.
- Helps to make teeth strong.
- Helps to fight against gum diseases and root canal related disorders.
- It is advised to drink a glass of milk twice a day.
4. Visit your Dentist regularly
It’s not important that you should have a dental problem or any sought of dental injury to visit your dentist
- It’s suggested that you should visit your dentist at least twice a year.
- You should have your oral health check-up routine to avoid gum bleedings.
- Oral cleaning is a must even if you do not have any dental problem this helps to improve your dental hygiene.
5. Use of mouth wash and flossing is a must.
Using a proper mouth wash along with a floss is a real must
- It is suggested to use an 18 inches long piece floss.
- Floss should be rubbed in opposite motion in forwarding and backward direction “C” shape.
- Mouthwash has its own advantages it helps you feel fresh and keeps you away from halitosis or bad breath.