High Protien Patties Recipie
Soya Chana Patties
1/2 cup soya granules(soaked in warm water) 1 boiled potato mashed ½ cup chana dal (soaked overnight) 1/2 cup grated carrot 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste ½ tsp garlic paste (optional) 2 finely chopped green chillies
- Soak the soya granules in 1 cup warm water for 15-20 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the excess water. Keep aside.
- Blend the bread slices in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the soya granules, chana dal and grind to a paste.
- Mix it to the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape them into small round flat cutlets.
- Roll the patties on bread crumbs.
- Heat a nonstick pan and cook each cutlet using little oil till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is high in protein and micronutrients. Soya is a source of good quality protein and provides all the essential amino acids. The soya granules can be substituted with grated lotus stem to get a good carbohydrate-protein combination. Lotus stem is a good source of calcium and iron. Lotus stem can be used during pregnancy as well.
Antioxidant Smoothie Recipie
25 gms Wheat Grass 2 Betel Leaves (Paan) 1 Kiwi (Peeled) 1 teaspoon Chia 10 Almonds 2 tablespoons Gulkand
- Blend wheat grass in a mixer with 1 teacup water (150 ml)
- Strain to extract the juice.
- Blend betel leaves and gulkand together with 1 teacup water
- (150 ml). Strain to get the paan extract.
- Blend the almonds with some water and squeeze out the milk.
- Blend the kiwi and strain to extract the juice.
- Mix all the extracts well.
- Then add the swollen Chia seeds.
- Serve chilled.
- Serves 2
A Herbal splash is a cooling micronutrient anti-oxidant drink which gives an instant mix of essential nutrients. It is rich in Vitamin C, which keeps the skin and hair healthy, and reduces the oxidative stress too (hence can have an anti-aging effect). Chia seeds are a good source of magnesium and essential fatty acids and give the added benefit of balancing the female hormones. Wheatgrass has been used extensively and has been proven to reduce cholesterol levels, manage blood sugar levels and reduce inflammation. This herbal splash may also be used for people suffering from Sickle- Cell Anemia.