Are you are looking for a quick and nutritious snack?
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1 cup rice
- Green Chillies to taste
- 1 tsp GInger paste
- 1 tsp Curd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt(or as per taste)
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
- 75 gms fresh Spinach leaves
- Tempering with- Cumin, MUstard, White sesame seeds, Curry leaves
- Oil as per requirement
- Fenugreek seeds and Lemon (Optional for taste)
- Soak all the ingredients for 4-5hours.
- Grind it to a paste and ferment for six to seven hours.
- Add chilies, ginger paste, one spoon curd, turmeric powder, Himalayan pink salt, Eno fruit salt(optional).
- Add palak paste for extra nutrition.
- Pour the batter in a plate and steam it on high flame for twelve to fifteen minutes.
- Prepare a tempering of cumin, mustard, white sesame seeds, and curry leaves.
- Use ghee for tempering.
- Add coriander and grated coconut for garnishing.
- You can add fenugreek leaves and lemon juice for extra taste.
- Serve with fiber-rich green chutney.
This recipe is a complete protein with many health benefits. When consumed with green chutney, it can act like a complete diet- with carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. It is
- Spinach and green chutney provides the required fiber and numerous essential minerals and vitamins.
- The fermentation process makes it probiotic-rich and increases the Vitamin B12 content of the dhokla.
- The ghee used for tempering has medium-chain triglycerides which are known to enhance brain function, save the liver from extra work and helps in improving the skin texture. Ghee is a source of natural saturated fat acts as an antioxidant and helps in improving the immunity of the body, delays the aging process and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Coriander and lemon juice provides us with vitamin C.
- Coconut is a rich source of good fats, essentially medium-chain triglycerides. It is also rich in good quality proteins.
- Turmeric has curcumin which is anti-inflammatory.
- Enjoy this dish any time of the day- as a good breakfast, snack or dinner.
- Don’t forget to try this recipe and get back to me with your comments.
Read also – Nutritious Recipes – Heal through food