A well-balanced diet provides all the nutrients that are required for the growth and repair of the body. A healthy diet has all the nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals which help in staying strong and also boost the immunity. Along with a healthy diet, a balanced diet helps in maintaining weight. The best way to stay healthy is to heal through food. Quick nutritious recipes make it easy to follow a balanced and healthy diet.
- Pumpkins are one of the best sources of beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Pumpkins are good for the heart.
- Good source of fiber.
- It contains numerous antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Red pumpkin sliced – 250 gm.
- Onion sliced – 1 medium
- Cloves – 2-3 no.
- a small piece of ginger
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 5 Tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt, roasted cumin powder and black salt as per taste
- Wash and remove the skin of pumpkin. Slice it.
- Peel the onion and slice it.
- Add oil in a cooking-pot (kadhaai), add the cloves, saute for a minute.
- Add onion and saute for a bit.
- Now add pumpkin slices and cook well.
- Allow to cool. Grind it in a mixer. Add 1 cup of water.
- Transfer it into a cooking-pot and boil the same.
- Add roasted cumin powder, black salt, and the coconut milk.
- Mix well, shut down the flame and then take the pot down. Do not boil after adding coconut milk.
Methi Sprouts Soup
- Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of protein and dietary fiber.
- It is high in Vitamin B, minerals like Manganese, Iron.
- It helps in digestion.
- Methi Sprouts – 1 handful
- Ripe red tomato – 1
- Black salt, Black pepper powder, Roasted cumin powder
- Lime juice – as per your taste
For garnishing little pudina/coriander leaves, methi sprouts can be used.
1. Take a saucepan, add half a cup of water and add the methi sprouts. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Now boil water in other sauce pan. Put tomatoes in it, cover and keep for 5 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, take out the tomatoes and run through cold water.
4. Remove the skin and chop them. Blend to a smooth puree. Make a puree of the sprouts.
5. Mix the tomato and sprouts puree. Boil it for 5 minutes.
6. Add the seasoning and boil for one minute, except lime juice.
7. Switch off. Stir in the lime juice.
8. Transfer to a soup bowl. Garnish with pudina/coriander/sprouts. Serve the soup hot.
- Broccoli is low in calories.
- It is rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
- It is rich in fiber, helps in weight loss.
Serves – 3
- Whole Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Broccoli – 1/2 crown
- Onion – 1/2 (minced – optional)
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Green chillies – 2
- Garam masala – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Carrom seeds (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets.
- Bring some water to boil and add app. 10 florets to it with some salt.
- After 2 minutes remove the florets
- Grind it into a fine paste with turmeric powder, green chilies, garlic and garam masala.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, the ground mixture, some minced onions, carrom seeds and salt.
- Knead it into a dough and make parathas. Serve hot.
Asparagus – Broccoli Stir Fry
- Asparagus helps to improve digestive health as it is high in fiber.
- Helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Easy to add to your diet.
- Asparagus – 500 gm
- Broccoli florets – 1/2 cup
- Pepper – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Shallot Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – from 1 lemon
- Break the woody ends of the asparagus (from the bottom) and discard.
- Next, cut it into pieces of 1 inch in size.
- In a small bowl, add pepper, garam masala, salt, ginger garlic paste and little oil together.
- Add the broccoli florets and asparagus pieces to this bowl and toss well so that the masala covers the veggies aptly.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add a chopped onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the veggies and stir-fry on medium-high flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Broccoli asparagus stir fry is ready to be served.
Mix rice salad
- Rice is a crop grown all over the world and is easily available.
- There are different types of rice — including long-grain basmati, black rice, white rice and sticky (or glutinous) rice.
- Brown rice is gluten-free.
- It is a good source of Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Selenium, Thiamine, Niacin and Manganese.
- 400 g mixed rice, long-grain
- 150 g mixed nuts
- 15 gm. of fresh basil
- 15 gm. of fresh mint
- 75 gm. dried apricots
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the rice and allow it to cool.
- Roughly chop the mixed nuts, basil, mint leaves, and apricots.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients with rice.
- Add salt, black pepper.
- Serve with grilled veggies or chicken/fish.
Hope you find these recipes useful. Do try them and earn your health.. -:)
Eat Healthy…Stay Healthy..!!